About the team:
Our mission is to provide amazing support to our business, partners, and customers in dealing with fraud related questions. We do this by responding to any fraud related communication swiftly and in a coordinated way. We are the front line of the Anti-Fraud team and we ensure that fraud cases are dealt with appropriately and on time. We keep the bad guys out and the good guys in. We operate globally and are centralised in South Africa with regional teams globally.
Your role in a nutshell:
You’ll be responsible for managing the Fraud Triage and Support Team, as well as getting involved in the day to day work. You are our liaison with our external parties, you care deeply about preventing fraud and are always on the lookout for new trends and events. You’ll also be working closely with other Financial Crime team members to help support cross-department operational initiatives to detect and prevent abuse.
Your mission will involve:
- Hire, mentor and scale a team of talented Investigators to develop their technical skills and contribute to a high-quality and high performing team.
- Governance and reporting in respect of team performance, progress tracking, service level agreements, key risk indicators, quality assurance and operational metrics;
- Drafting and implementing standard operating procedures and company policies;
- Develop strategic approaches for optimizing the fraud triage process, including refining rule sets and adjusting priorities.
- Supporting the Anti-Fraud Manager in the planning and oversight of day to day team tasks;
- Creating, implementing and managing role based training;
- Responding to incoming queries from our banks, payment partners and other Lunauts pertaining to fraud
- Reviewing accounts and transactions for potentially fraudulent activity and take quick, decisive action;
- Proactively identifying and monitoring fraud patterns;
- Manage time sensitive workflows across competing priorities;
- Interact with customers to understand unusual account activity;
- Provide investigative support for various teams;
- Identify areas of improvement in Luno’s products to ensure our continued customer security;
- Work with a high degree of independence;
- Keep detailed logs of incidents and prepare regular and ad-hoc reports;
The ideal candidate will have the following essentials:
- University degree from a recognised tertiary institution
- Experience in leading a high-performance team
- Proven experience in a Financial Crime role within financial services, retail or a commercial environment
- Passionate about Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies
- Strong desire to learn new information and techniques in a constantly evolving field
- Entrepreneurial, strong sense of responsibility and very high level of integrity
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to take charge in critical situations and work on resolving problems
- An existing, valid work permit for South Africa, if you’re not a South African citizen
In the first 3 months you will:
- Learn about Luno, cryptocurrencies and how we work
- Identify the risks and opportunities within the team and develop a road-map for the team
- Manage performance
Life at Luno:
- Forward-thinking and ambitious team that values diversity, hard work, and the continuous quest for excellence.
- Remote but reachable work policy gives you the freedom to choose between working from home or the office.
- Improve body and mind, with excellent private medical insurance.
- Access to Learnerbly and Code Academy
- Generous maternity / paternity and even paw-ternity for your furry friend.
- Annual Inspiration Day.
- A collaborative, friendly work community, with regular social events
- Free lunch and snacks.
- Free access to Headspace – a full library of guided meditations, sleep stories, and music.
- 0 fees with Luno from the day you start.*
*Offer only available on Luno Instant Buy, not Luno Exchange
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not negatively discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.