Senior Quality Engineer
About the team:
Our engineering team (>150 engineers) is split into organisations which we call Fleets. Each Fleet focuses on a core customer journey (onboarding, security, payments, support, new business, growth, and marketing, etc.). Each of these fleets contains multiple smaller teams called Pods, each of which focuses on a specific aspect of the product.
Pods will include a product owner, product designer, back-end engineers, agile delivery lead, Android, iOS, and Web developers, who each bring a unique perspective to the problem you are all contributing towards. We're agile, use scrum, continuous integration and continuous delivery, deploying to production every single day.
The role in a nutshell:
As Senior Quality Engineer, you’ll be working closely with a growing Quality Engineering Team, Ishita Gupta our Engineering Quality Manager, and Mark Debney our Engineering Operations Director to champion service and enable quality of the delivery. Working closely with fleets to help them in this journey with their unique challenges while enabling our pods to reach their maximum potential without compromising on the quality.
Your mission will be:
- Help pods providing support for testing activities - manual, automation and test processes
- Help pods to implement required types of testing to have besttest coverage
- Drive and perform required types of manual and automation testing in the pods.
- Drive and perform required types of functional and non-functional testing.
- Help the Quality Engineering Manager collating the details from test observations and coverage across pods.
- Help the pods (engineers, agile team, product team) in understanding and resolving the quality engineering issues covering defect triage, test coverage
- Work with Quality Engineering manager to drive new process improvements
A little about you:
- Experience with test processes and test automation practices and ability to drive it across the teams when required
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in different types of testing of agile test pyramid
- Strong knowledge of various functional, non-functional types of testing.
- Experience is different automation tools like Selenium/Espresso/Cypress/Playwright, Jmeter etc
- Experience in defining test plans to achieve best test coverage.
- Experience in analyzing the required after the test infrastructure - data, environment, services etc
- A passion for agile, software development, mobile technology and crypto
- Self driven to find out areas of improvements or new ideas to bring improvements in the existing processes.
- To be friendly, transparent, articulate and driven to succeed.
- Ability to work in South Africa
Life at Luno:
- Forward-thinking and ambitious team that values diversity, hard work, and the continuous quest for excellence.
- Remote but reachable work policy gives you the freedom to choose between working from home or the office.
- Improve body and mind, with excellent private medical insurance.
- Annual allowance on Learnably.
- Generous maternity / paternity and even paw-ternity for your furry friend.
- Annual Inspiration Day.
- A collaborative, friendly work community, with regular social events and virtual cooking, dancing, drawing and house planting classes hosted by our Lunauts.
- Free lunch and snacks.
- Free access to Headspace – a full library of guided meditations, sleep stories, and music.
- 0 fees with Luno from the day you start.*
- *Offer only available on Luno Instant Buy, not Luno Exchange